Twisted's $250,000 Land Rover Defender LT1 V8 Restomod Coming To The U.S.
A small company by the name of Twisted Automotive has unveiled a potent version of the Land Rover Defender it dubs the Twisted NA-V8. The rugged off-roader is adorned with a plethora of upgrades over a regular Defender and will be capped at just 200 units, each with a starting price of $250,000.
Twisted starts off with upgrading the Defender’s engine, offering a 6.2-liter LT1 V8 engine pumping out 455 hp and coupled to an eight-speed automatic transmission as standard but also available with a five-speed manual. If that’s not enough, customers have the option of a supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V8 with over 650 hp. The company also offers custom tuning to boost power from both the LT1 and LT4.
Complementing the Defender’s engine upgrades is a revised suspension system with custom valved dampers that promise to provide better traction, improve off-road abilities and reduce understeer. Other key mechanical modifications made include upgraded heavy duty differentials, drive shafts and half shafts, a switchable exhaust system, and upgraded brakes that include six-piston front calipers, four-piston rear calipers, and new brake pads.
Twisted will offer the NA-V8 in 110 Station Wagon, 90 Soft Top, 90 Station Wagon, 110 Double Cab, and 130 Pickup guises. All come outfitted with a host of new creature comforts like an upgraded infotainment system with navigation, eight-channel audio system, tracker and immobilizer, front and rear-facing cameras, parking sensors, blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, heated and cooled Recaro seats, a custom center console, upgraded soundproofing and insulation, and new electronics and switchgear.
More on this: 77 stories
- JLR Denied Bid to Trademark Defender's Shape
- Land Rover Loses Defender Trademark Suit to Ineos
- Court says Land Rover shape can't be trademarked
- Land Rover loses trademark case over Defender's shape, Ineos Grenadier
- Land Rover Defender shape 'not iconic enough' to stop Ineos Grenadier in its tracks
- Court rules in Ineos' favour after Land Rover lodges design complaint against new Grenadier
- Jaguar Land Rover Loses Trademark Battle Over The Original Defender In The UK
- Jaguar Land Rover loses trademark bid for Defender design
- Jaguar Land Rover loses appeal over registering Land Rover shapes for Defender
- Jaguar Land Rover loses court battle over Defender trademark
- Land Rover Defender 90 US launch delayed until 2021
- Land Rover Delays Defender 90 Until 2021 Due To COVID-Induced Production Issues
- Land Rover Defender delays mount due to coronavirus-related production issues
- Land Rover Defender 90 orders delayed due to impact of COVID-19
- Land Rover delays Defender 90 launch due to Covid-19
- 2022 Land Rover Defender V-8 spy shots
- Tesla Batteries Are Getting Even Better
- SPY PICS: Land Rover Defender V8 hits the 'Ring
- Land Rover Defender 90 launch delayed by COVID-19
- New Land Rover Defender V8 tests at the Nurburgring
- New Land Rover Defender V8 tests at the Nürburgring
- 2020 Land Rover Defender will use Goodyear tyres Motor Verso
- There's a V8 Land Rover Defender Coming, And It Might Be BMW-Powered: Report
- 2021 Land Rover Defender V8 Nabbed Doing The Rounds At The 'Ring
- First drive review: Land Rover Defender 110