2021 Land Rover Defender V8 Nabbed Doing The Rounds At The 'Ring
Land Rover has traded the British countryside for the Nurburgring for the development of the all-new Defender V8, as the range-topping variant of the SUV was recently snapped at the German racetrack.
The automaker’s engineers have probably thought that by keeping it undisguised, bystanders will think that it is just another regular Defender. Nonetheless, the burbling V8 is what gave it away, as it did make a lot of noise while it was being pushed through corners.
Despite not being a full-blown SVR model and thus not a direct challenger to the likes of the Mercedes-AMG G63, the Defender V8 will pack a supercharged 5.0-liter engine, and will probably be the last Land Rover to use it, as this mill will leave production for good in a few months.
Previous reports have indicated that it should pump out around 500 horsepower, roughly 80 HP less than the top G-Wagen, and in order to cope with the extra oomph, it is said to come with an air suspension as standard. This will also ensure that the off-road prowess will not be sacrificed for the sake of making it faster in straight line acceleration and on twisty mountain roads over the regular Defenders.
Land Rover hasn’t announced when the Defender V8 will bow, but it will likely premiere in the first half of next year as a 2021MY.
More on this: 77 stories
- JLR Denied Bid to Trademark Defender's Shape
- Land Rover Loses Defender Trademark Suit to Ineos
- Court says Land Rover shape can't be trademarked
- Land Rover loses trademark case over Defender's shape, Ineos Grenadier
- Land Rover Defender shape 'not iconic enough' to stop Ineos Grenadier in its tracks
- Court rules in Ineos' favour after Land Rover lodges design complaint against new Grenadier
- Jaguar Land Rover Loses Trademark Battle Over The Original Defender In The UK
- Jaguar Land Rover loses trademark bid for Defender design
- Jaguar Land Rover loses appeal over registering Land Rover shapes for Defender
- Jaguar Land Rover loses court battle over Defender trademark
- Land Rover Defender 90 US launch delayed until 2021
- Land Rover Delays Defender 90 Until 2021 Due To COVID-Induced Production Issues
- Land Rover Defender delays mount due to coronavirus-related production issues
- Land Rover Defender 90 orders delayed due to impact of COVID-19
- Land Rover delays Defender 90 launch due to Covid-19
- 2022 Land Rover Defender V-8 spy shots
- Tesla Batteries Are Getting Even Better
- SPY PICS: Land Rover Defender V8 hits the 'Ring
- Land Rover Defender 90 launch delayed by COVID-19
- New Land Rover Defender V8 tests at the Nurburgring
- New Land Rover Defender V8 tests at the Nürburgring
- 2020 Land Rover Defender will use Goodyear tyres Motor Verso
- There's a V8 Land Rover Defender Coming, And It Might Be BMW-Powered: Report
- First drive review: Land Rover Defender 110
- Twisted electric Land Rover Defender conversion headed to the US