2020 Land Rover Defender will use Goodyear tyres Motor Verso
Jaguar Land Rover has had a long-standing collaboration with American tyre manufacturer Goodyear, so it comes as no surprise that the new Land Rover Defender will be using Goodyear tyres.
With a large emphasis on off-road capability, the new 2020 Land Rover Defender requires a set of rubber capable of conquering terrain other cars wouldn’t dream of taking on.
Goodyear tyres will provide the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure tyre for the Defender, which is available in 18”, 19”, and 20” to suit a variety of different trim combinations.
Goodyear claim that the tyre allows drivers of the new Defender to enjoy; ‘a very high level of riding comfort, and at the same time leave the road at any time and face off-road tracks with absolute confidence.’
This new tyre utilises a reinforced Kevlar carcass to provide extra durability and minimise punctures in the sidewall, which is particularly useful when driving on sharp, rocky terrain.
The tread design has also been refined to provide 37% better mileage than the average Defender competitor.
Those who are looking to take their Defender into the most extreme environments will be pleased to hear that a set of extra-durable Goodyear tyres are also on offer.
The Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac incorporates ‘TractiveGroove’ technology to ensure optimal grip on slippery surfaces such as deep mud or snow.
Once again this tyre is available in 18”, 19”, and 20” sizes to fit all variations of the new 2020 Defender.
Namibia will host the Land Rover Defender world premiere
To celebrate the global launch of the new 2020 Defender, Jaguar Land Rover will be hosting a testing session in Namibia, where automotive journalists will be able to test the SUV on some of the most challenging terrain in the world.
This harsh environment has been chosen to demonstrate the off-roading prowess of the new Defender, with Goodyear providing all demonstrator vehicles with their range-topping DuraTrac Goodyear tyres, in a range of sizes.
2020 Land Rover Defender will use Goodyear tyres was last modified: by
More on this: 77 stories
- JLR Denied Bid to Trademark Defender's Shape
- Land Rover Loses Defender Trademark Suit to Ineos
- Court says Land Rover shape can't be trademarked
- Land Rover loses trademark case over Defender's shape, Ineos Grenadier
- Land Rover Defender shape 'not iconic enough' to stop Ineos Grenadier in its tracks
- Court rules in Ineos' favour after Land Rover lodges design complaint against new Grenadier
- Jaguar Land Rover Loses Trademark Battle Over The Original Defender In The UK
- Jaguar Land Rover loses trademark bid for Defender design
- Jaguar Land Rover loses appeal over registering Land Rover shapes for Defender
- Jaguar Land Rover loses court battle over Defender trademark
- Land Rover Defender 90 US launch delayed until 2021
- Land Rover Delays Defender 90 Until 2021 Due To COVID-Induced Production Issues
- Land Rover Defender delays mount due to coronavirus-related production issues
- Land Rover Defender 90 orders delayed due to impact of COVID-19
- Land Rover delays Defender 90 launch due to Covid-19
- 2022 Land Rover Defender V-8 spy shots
- Tesla Batteries Are Getting Even Better
- SPY PICS: Land Rover Defender V8 hits the 'Ring
- Land Rover Defender 90 launch delayed by COVID-19
- New Land Rover Defender V8 tests at the Nurburgring
- New Land Rover Defender V8 tests at the Nürburgring
- There's a V8 Land Rover Defender Coming, And It Might Be BMW-Powered: Report
- 2021 Land Rover Defender V8 Nabbed Doing The Rounds At The 'Ring
- First drive review: Land Rover Defender 110
- Twisted electric Land Rover Defender conversion headed to the US